We are about protecting your privacy by ensuring that your personal data are processed according to the applicable legal provisions, namely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”) and Law no. 58/2019, of 8 August, which ensures the execution of the GDPR in the Portuguese legal framework. Therefore, we inform the user (hereinafter referred to as “User”) of the following data protection information regarding the use of our website available at https://www.coreangels.com/ (hereinafter referred to as “Website”).
Core Angels Network, Lda., limited liability company, with the sole registration and legal person number 515 560 995, headquartered at PCI - CREATIVE SCIENCE PARK AVEIRO REGION, Via do Conhecimento-Edifício Central s/n.º, 3830-352, Ílhavo, (hereinafter referred to as “COREangels”), acts as the controller for the processing of the personal data of its Users.
What is personal data?
“Personal data” is any information, of any nature and whatever their form, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to a name, an identification number/taxpayer number, location data, an online identifier or to other specific elements related to the physical, physiological, genetic or economic identity of that natural person.
Which personal data do we process?
COREangels website does not automatically collect any personal data nor has any functionality that contains personal data without the users' consent. Nevertheless, non-personal data will be collected, such as IP address (which allows us to know the general location), browser information, operative system, number of times our website was accessed, and time spent on the website, To find out more about the treatment of cookies, see our Cookies Policy below.
Within the scope of the relationship with its Users, COREangels processes the following personal data:
- Contact information: name, email, phone/cell phone number, job title
- LinkedIn profile: Profile picture
- Data relating to electronic interactions: cookies and IP address. To find out more about the treatment of cookies, see our Cookies Policy below.
- Any other personal data transmitted in the context of contact requests or information requests and/or that are provided by the owner in the context of the relationship established with COREangels.
For which purposes do we process your data?
Personal data to which COREangels has access as the controller will be processed in a lawful, loyal, and transparent manner, for the following purposes:
- Registration to obtain a COREangels account or visit our website.
- Requesting support services to the User or when sending any other communication to us.
- Responding to requests for contact or requests for information through e-mail or telephone.
- Sign up to receive newsletters and promotional offers.
- Analysis of our services based on the testimony given by the Users.
- Respond to inquiries.
What is the lawful ground to process your personal data?
COREangels processes your personal data on the following ground:
a) Users’ consent: when we have your express consent – written, oral or through the selection of an option – and only if that consent is free, informed, specific and clear. For example, your consent to send direct marketing messages.
b) Performance of a contract or pre-contractual procedures: whenever the processing of personal data is necessary for the conclusion, performance or management of the contract entered into with COREangels.
c) Compliance with a legal obligation: whenever the processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which COREangels is subject to, such as reporting data to administrative, judicial and/or law enforcement agencies.
d) Legitimate interest: whenever the processing of personal data is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of COREangels or of third parties, such as the improvement of the quality of the service or the detection of fraud, whenever that interest prevails over your data subjects' rights.
To whom do we transfer your data?
COREangels shares your personal data with its employees who need them to comply with the purposes above mentioned.
Your personal data may also be transferred to processors to be processed on behalf of COREangels In this case, COREangels shall take the necessary contractual measures to ensure that processors respect and protect the personal data of the data subjects, using only processors providing sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to that effect.
For how long do we keep your data?
We process your data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which they were collected. However, COREangels may store them for a longer period, whenever:
a) There is a time period determined by the law.
b) There is a time period recommended by the National Data Protection Authority (Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados, hereinafter referred to as “CNPD”).
c) They are processed for statistical purposes; or
d) They are necessary for the declaration, exercise or defence of a right in judicial proceedings.
As an example, we keep for 10 years the necessary data for accounting, tax or commercial bookkeeping purposes.
Once the maximum retention period has been reached, your personal data will be irreversibly anonymised (the anonymised data may be preserved) or will be destroyed in a secure manner.
What are your rights?
As a data subject you may, at any time, exercise the following rights:
- Right of access – the right to obtain confirmation as to which of your personal data are processed and information about them; for instance, what are the purposes of the processing and what are the retention periods, amongst others.
- Right to rectification – right to obtain the rectification of your personal data which is inaccurate or request to complete personal data that are incomplete.
- Right to erasure or ‘right to be forgotten’ – right to obtain the erasure of your personal data, unless there are valid grounds for storing your data, such as the cases when COREangels is required to keep the data to comply with a legal obligation or because judicial proceedings are ongoing.
- Right to data portability – right to receive the data you have provided in a commonly used and machine-readable digital format, as well as the right to directly transmit such data, if technically possible.
- Right to object – right to object to the processing of your personal data based on a legitimate interest, unless compelling legitimate grounds for the processing prevail over your interests, rights and freedoms, or for the defence of a right during judicial proceedings.
- Right to restriction of processing – Right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data, in the form of (i) suspension of processing, or (ii) limitation of the scope of processing to certain categories of data or purposes of the processing.
- Right to withdraw the consent – if the processing of your personal data is subject to obtaining your consent, you have the right to withdraw it, without such withdrawal of consent affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Data holders also have the right to file a complaint with the CNPD (www.cnpd.pt), if they believe that COREangels has violated the applicable legislation in terms of data protection.
What safeguarding measures have we implemented?
COREangels prevents unauthorized access or disclosure by using a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect and maintain the security, integrity and availability of your personal data.
An HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data stored on the user's computer by the web browser while browsing a website. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information or record users’ browsing activity.
You can know more about this website cookies in this report.
Necessary cookies are essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensure the basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information. To have further information about cookies, please visit the following website https://www.aboutcookies.org